Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

Thursday: Writing Task

Great White Shark


WALT: use our senses to make our writing more interesting.


Imagine one day you have been called by SeaWorld asking you to introduce their new sea animal. Can you do the job?


Task 1: Watch the video clip on the site. Make sure you watch carefully so you can see what Great White Sharks look like, and what you might say when you are introducing them.


Task 2: Brainstorm some ideas about what you can say about a Great White Shark.


In this table, write the descriptive words that you would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste.
What can I see?
What can I hear?
What can I touch/feel?
What is in its environment?
Sharp teeth
Big splashes
Rough like sandpaper
Deep sea waters












Need some help? - make sure that you are using your own words… if you happen to find a word that you don’t know the meaning of, search what it means and then you can use them in your writing!


Task 3: You will need to write an introduction for a Great White Shark. It needs to be at least 150 words.


Start writing here:
_______________________________________________________________
On a hot and sunny day, me and my friend Kolotita and Emeline and Jeyda went to the beach to
have a little swim. First we put on our togs with so much excitement and
jumped into the shallow water. First we went back up to the sand and ran
down the steep hill of sand so that we could splash into the water. We
could see the perfect sunset right behind us. But Then we saw something
that looked like a shark's fin. Then we heard something coming near us but
first I thought that it was just waves but then it got worse and turned into
big splashes. Then I felt something on my and which felt like sandpaper.
Then I went to the water and blocked my nose. Then I saw that it was a
Great White Shark. Then the Great White Shark also got my friend
Kolotita. 
Then the Great White Shark pulled us deeper into the ocean.we Started 
Raise our Hand  up all we Could hear was don't worry we're coming  Emeline
 and Jeyda They started to do something to the Shark me and Kolotita
 Escape  and my friends  Escape  to after that we can not  see the  shark one
  but all we saw was that 
the  shark was  to swim away
. all we New  that we were not
 coming back to this  beach never 
again that the   ended 




___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.