Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Wednesday: Writing Task

 Giant Pacific Octopus


WALT: use our senses to make our writing more interesting.


Can you describe what a day in the life of a Giant Pacific Octopus is?


Task 1: Watch the video clip on the site. Make sure you watch carefully so you can see what Giant Pacific Octopus look like.


Task 2: Brainstorm using some of your senses. What can you see/hear/feel if you were to ever see a Giant Pacific Octopus? Think about the shape of the Octopus, what you think it’s skin might feel like. Take a note of its environment. What does an Octopus need to survive?


In this table, write the descriptive words that you would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste.
What can I see?
What can I hear?
What can I touch/feel?
What is in its environment?
tentacles
Squishy noises
slimy
Seaweed












Need some help? - make sure that you are using your own words… if you happen to find a word that you don’t know the meaning of, search what it means and then you can use them in your writing!


Task 3: Write a description about what a day in the life of a Giant Pacific Octopus is.


Start writing here:
_______________________________________________________________
Ah yes welcome back. It’s me explorer Khyjani . Yesterday I was
talking about west indian manatees. But today I will be talking
about and doing some fun stuff with animals. Today’s animal is
the giant pacific octopus . In fact I will be swimming with it. So
without further ado introduce the giant pacific octopus. Now
the octopus is a very important animal. Why? I may hear you
say. Well it is important because right now it is endangered.
If you don’t know what that means, it means that animal will
probably be extinct soon. In other words they are not that
much of that animal. Anyway onto swimming. Swimming
with octopus have been on my bucket list for a pretty long
time now. Now swimming with the octopus means I have to
be very careful and quiet. Sorry let’s get on to swimming now.
Here I am swimming with the octopus. It’s arms moving up then
down. I looked at the octopus's eyes and they were very cool
and nice. Swimming with the octopus feels like I am in a dream.
They are calm and very quiet. After hours of swimming with the
octopus. It is time to say goodbye. I hope you enjoyed it. Come
back next time to hear more interesting things about animals.
This is explorer Khyani signing off, but remember next time.
What animal do you think it will be? This is my story about
swimming with the octopus. I hope you enjoy it. BYE!!



___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.