Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Monday: Writing Task

Swimming with Green Sea Turtles

WALT: use our senses to make our writing more interesting.

Imagine going snorkelling at a beach and seeing beautiful green sea turtles. What do you think the experience would be like?

Task 1: Watch the video clip on the site. Imagine you were the person snorkelling… Put yourself in their flippers.

Task 2: Brainstorm using your senses. What do you think you would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste if you were swimming with Green Sea Turtles?

In this table, write the descriptive words that you would be able to see/hear/smell/touch/taste.
What can I see?
What can I hear?
What can I smell?
What can I touch/feel?
What can I taste?
Hard-shelled
Whistling wind
Salt
Rough
Salt from the water















Need some help? - make sure that you use words that you know… even better - search what some of these words mean and use them in your writing!

Task 3: Write a story about what it would be like to swim with Green Sea Turtles.

Start writing here:
_______________________________________________________________
One day me and my Family were going to the Beach for the day but Before we're going we had to get  our stuff ready after getting our stuff ready we were off. I asked my mum is it going to be she said it's supposed to be about 1 hour away i said ok. 1 hour later “Khyani “khyani yes we are here ok hi Khyani hi come we are going to go to swim with some turtles now ok . When I first got into the
water I felt scared that the turtles around me
 would bite me. Then I
quickly Jumped out of the water and it seemed like something burnt my
skin off but nothing happened. So I went back into the water and tried
to stay calm. While I was in the water I could hear splashing noises
from behind me.  So I turned around and saw that there were more
turtles. But I knew that I could smell something fishing. So then I
waited and waited and waited. Then when I looked behind I could feel
the cold breeze coming my way. I could taste the cold breeze and the

salty water going in my mouth.after i looked at the water and i saw that they Wanted me to pat them  i was Scared but they Seem really nice so i pat them after i went to Swim they followed me after swimming with them my mum said that we have to go i was so sad but my mum said that we can come back I was really happy and I said bye to  my friends  the end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.